This is so far just notes on the subject and may never be an essay. Have thoughts? Hit me up on Twitter.
Last Updated: 2021-10-11 (Just capturing my rough thoughts)
- Will crypto currencies disrupt centrally controlled finance
- Or is it a side show that will get squashed by governments
- Could the future be bifurcated: large, dominate countries squashing it, while smaller ones embrace it to avoid things?
- If not finance what could be disrupted?
- Digital ownership?
- Centrally ran networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc?)
- Is there space for a new social built on Crypto identity?
- Other than identity where would the petabytes of data sit? Who would have authority?
- A company could run it, gain profit by doing so, but identity could guarantee the right to be forgotten and set the content you own?